Monday, November 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Road Trip

Way back in September I thought it would be a really great idea to drive over to Spokane to visit Nate's sisters and their families for Thanksgiving. As the date approached I was thinking that maybe 12 hours in the car one way was a lot for my little family, but we did it, and it actually wasn't too bad. We also had a ton of fun when we got there! We passed through state lines like 5 times each way, and I was determined to take pictures of each "welcome" sign, but it was dark for most of our trip, so Idaho is all you get.

The Captain

The co-pilot (doing my best Jay Leno Impersonation...is my chin really THAT pointy?!)

The passengers


Our first day there we swam--Reid's dream come true. You should have seen the monstrous FIT he threw when we got out. Yikes.


Tosha playing with Reidster


Reid and Carter had fun chasing each other around

Mr. Linkers getting dry and warm

Auntie Denise showing Linkers how to be a cowboy

The day after Thanksgiving was Reid's third birthday, so we left Link with Denise and Jerry, and took Reid and his cousin Allen to Chuck e. Cheese. They had so much fun!




Nate's sister Corrine made Reid an AWESOME cake for his birthday. Reid specifically said that he wanted a "chocolate bear cake" for his birthday, so this is what she came up with. Amazing, right?!

The bear was a little soccer player, so cute!




Reid was a little more interested in the balloons than his presents I'm afraid...

Cousin Allen helping Reid open his presents.

I LOVE the weird-o look on his face!


Watch out for Kaylee!

Katrina doing her best Audrey Hepburn impersonation

This is my "I can't get this ridiculous packaging open" face.



I can't believe my baby is three!!

We had tons of fun, and can't wait to go back. Thanks for having us auntie Denise and uncle Jerry!

Hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

The Karlinsey Family said...

looks like you guys had so much fun, we make that trip ever summer and sometimes in the spring it is a long drive. Im glad it went well.

Suzanne said...

you're a brave girl! :o) i'm glad things went so well! i sometimes dread letting blake go swimming because making him get out is almost not worth it! happy birthday to reid!