Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Momma's day!

I guess I kinda' deserve a day just for me- look how full my hands are with these two!


My day (weekend!)

On Saturday Nate took me shopping to get the best mother's day present EVER...a tent! huzzah! Now we can finally stop mooching off of our friends and go camping whenever we want! Then today we went to church where Reid (sort of) participated in a children's program especially for mommies (so cute!). After church Nate sent me off to the park for two hours...alone! Yay! I read a book, fell asleep in the sun and got me a nice little pre-summer burn. I came home to a spotless house and happy boys. So wonderful. After that we packed up some food and headed up to the canyon with our great friends the Jarvis' for a momma's day dinner and a little exploring. It was a blast. What a perfect weekend!

On another note, I just have to say that I love being a mother more than I could have ever imagined. I remember when I first found out I was pregnant with Reid. I laughed and cried and wondered how I could ever take care of a child, but somehow I managed. Then when Link joined our family I wondered how I could ever love another child as much as I loved Reid. I remember feeling so guilty for changing Reid's life so dramatically, and stealing our attention from him. These days I am watching them grow and change and wonder how they are growing up so fast. The roller coaster of feelings that are associated with motherhood is unpredictable and heart breaking and amazing. I couldn't have asked for better boys, or a better family, or a more fulfilling role. Although mother's day is a day to reflect on all of the time and work that mothers sacrifice for their children I can't help but smile and know that's it is so, so worth it. I love my job!

Happy mother's day every one!

5 comments:

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Happy mothers day to you! I love your comments on motherhood. I think you are a fabulous mother. :)

Peter and Lesha said...

that sounds so nice Nate can sure deliver!

Peter and Lesha said...

that sounds so nice! you do deserve it, great job Nate

Sarah Jarvis said...

I totally agree. Motherhood is the best! Thanks for joining us. It was way fun! I am glad you had some time to yourself as well.

Bridget said...

I, too, used to think how could I love another like I love the first born. It's amazing, really. Love multiplies without diminishing the first. I love 'em all.

I love that you went to the park and came home to a clean house. I was taking a nap and found my house in the process of getting cleaned when I got up.