Monday, December 6, 2010

A Sandy Thanksgiving; My baby Turns Four!!

We did the long drive to California for Thanksgiving this year, and I have to say, with a husband and a niece (Katrina) along for the ride to help out with the kiddos my life got considerably easier. It was still a long drive though, and as you can see Nate and Reid were passed out by 8 that night.

Getting these two together is always a blast! They are wearing their uniform for the week; Audrey lived in her bathing suit and Reid wore his pajama top and underpants pretty much the whole day-awesome!

You could tell we were "tourists" because no local in their RIGHT MIND would go to Newport beach when temperatures drop to the low 70's. But we did, and boy was it nice! My family and I were enjoying every sun-filled minute of it! Seriously though, all over the news they were shocked at how cold it had gotten at night (high 40s) and how people were "braving the freezing temperatures" to do their Black Friday shopping. Um when we left Provo it was like 7. That's 7 degrees people. Now THAT is brisk, So Cal!

Nate's parents were able to come as well, and they brought Mimi-their sweet exchange student from Vietnam. She is lots of fun, and she LOVES kids. Yay for us because our kids loved her too, and we kind of got a little bit of a break every once in a while. Thanks, Mimi!

We decided to take some classic "jumping pictures," and we pretty much figured out that we are awesome.

Nate's mom has got to be one of my favorite people, just look at that face!

We took about a billion pictures like this, but no matter what we did NONE of us were airborne for the actual shot. In EVERY picture I look like I'm doing an awesome dance from the sixties when really I was winding up for my killer jump that the world will never see thanks to my slow shutter speed.

Reid looks like he is not having a great time here, but trust me when I say that sand angels are far superior to snow angels.

Classic pic of Nate's parents and their boys!

Nate and Jeff spent quite a bit of time building a sand tunnel system. It got pretty elaborate...

Audrey and Reid getting buried!

OK, so this kid loves sand, and I'm not talking about the way that most people love sand; he EATS the sand. Like fist-fulls of it. He would run and dive face first into a pile of sand and start eating it. I'm just not sure what to do with this one...he pooped sand for two days. I'm not kidding, it was like wiping the poor kid's bottom with sand paper every time I changed him!

Saturday was Reid's 4th birthday! He is my big boy, and I just can't believe that he's another year older. I love this kid more than I can really say-fake smile and all!

We went and saw "Tangled" which was pretty much the cutest movie ever. I sort of demand that you all see it at some point.

This little piggy stayed home because he does not do well at movies.

Later we got to open his awesome gifts! He sure got spoiled this year!

The only thing Reid asked for for his birthday was a Thomas the Tank Engine cake, so we ordered one from the store, and he was so excited he nearly peed himself. This boy sure loves him some trains!


Reid got a basketball hoop from his uncle Jeff-if he somehow manages to be tall maybe he will play like uncle Jeff too!

We got to be there for little Blake's baby blessing as well, but it was a little bit of a chaotic day, so I didn't get any pictures of it. You will have to be satisfied with a cute snap shot of him in his bouncer. He is seriously the sweetest little baby ever-so happy unless he's tired our hungry. How do I order one like that?!

2 comments:

Sarah Jarvis said...

Ah. I miss you. You crack me up. I am so glad you got to go enjoy some sun time and family time.
Can't believe Link STILL eats the sand like that. He really must like it. Weird.
Oh, and I also really like your 60s dance. Awesome!

Malinda Jane Sieg said...

Hey Carlee,
I hope you guys are doing well down in Provo! I can't wait to see how life is treating you and to see you with your cute pregnant belly! Three boys is a happy thing! Totally doable. Just crazy. :)