Monday, May 24, 2010

Father-Son Camp Out 2010

So, as you can see, the father-son camp out was a winner for my two biggest guys this year. There has been a lot of rain here this spring, and since it was just daddy and Reid things got a little...out of hand mud-wise. Reid seriously came home looking like this. Apparently he got right into the mud on day 1, and spent the rest of the trip with nature-made sunscreen. What a stinker! That's why they only let the boys go, I guess because us moms would deplete the rain forests with our massive use of baby wipes.

Getting into bed all squeaky-clean!

This is day two. See? I told you he was literally like this the whole time. Daddy made NO effort to get the mud off, which, why would you? He's just going to get dirty again. The first thing I said to him when he got home was, "Yikes! Let's take a bath!"

Yup, he ate with those hands...

and walked around the tent with those feet...so much for those brand new sandals, I guess.

Apparently it was a pretty cold night because this is how Nate found him in the morning. He's waaay at the bottom of that sleeping bag!

Exploring with Noah

Reid, Dylan, and Max-two of Reid's favorite buddies. I love that this is kind of like a blurry Bigfoot picture. Here we see the human boy in his natural habitat...

How is it that Noah stayed so clean?! He's just as messy as Reid usually!

Nate said there were a few deer there that they saw that had no fear of humans. He said the zoom wasn't on at all for this picture, and they would practically let you reach out and touch them!

This is the 'lovely' lake they played in. Inviting, no?

The canyon at sunrise! Beautiful. Next time Link and I want to come too!

In case you were wondering, Link and I had a wonderful evening at home. We went to the park, had dinner, and played just he and I. It was wonderful because I never get to spend time with just my Linkers. I was laying on the grass, and he just kept tackling me over and over, and then cracking up at himself. It was so sweet. Then I put Link to bed and cleaned the house from top to bottom, did some yoga, and watched a great movie...all by myself! I missed my big boys, but it was fun to have a night at home to myself.

P.S. It is snowing today. Kind of depressed about that...

7 comments:

JessWilson said...

Great Pictures!! Saw pictures of the snow this morning - crazy!!

The Meagher Family said...

Super cute! My boys have there father son camp out in 2 weeks. They can't wait.

Harrison and Christine said...

haha i love all the mud on little reid! so cute!!

Sarah Jarvis said...

Camping is all about being dirty! And judging by their clothes and shoes, my boys were at least as muddy. Just maybe not in their faces. But then again, it might have been one of them that put on Reid's mud tattoo in the first place... :-)

jordan and maci said...

how fun! if i was nate, i would have left the mud too. look how cute he looks all speckled:)

The Tulett Family said...

Wow, Nate really tried hard to keep the kid clean, huh. That's hilarious. What great dirty pics. This post made me so excited to be having a boy this go-around. Father/son camp outs- how fun!!

Jessica said...

I am in love with the first picture of little Reid. Loving the mud look!