First thing's first: Garrett went home Saturday morning, and seems to be doing OK. He is currently meeting with a team of doctors regarding chemotherapy and other treatments. Luckily, the kind of cancer he has typically responds well to chemotherapy, and the doctors even say he could possibly go back out on his mission someday (though probably not to El Salvador). Unfortunately, he will have to endure a long fight with chemotherapy, and anyone that has been through or know someone who has been through chemo knows how positively awful it really is. We are so grateful for all of the thoughts and prayers sent his way, and are anxious to see him make a full recovery!
Nate and his brother, Jeff spent the majority of Thursday and Friday in the hospital making sure Garrett felt comfortable, and on Saturday morning they took him to the airport to fly home.
So, after Garret was safe and sound with his family Nate and I decided it would be OK to have a little fun!
I got up at the crack of dawn and went to the Scofield reservoir with Sarah and Heather to practice for my next tri which will be up there. The reservoir is about 7,500 ft. and it was FREEZING! I am going to be one cold cookie next weekend! It was a great workout though, and I had so much fun chatting it up with two of my favorite pals.
After I got home the whole fam. took a stroll to the park to play. It's so much more fun to have daddy there too!




Link used to HATE the slide, but as he has gotten older he has also become a little bit braver, which is nice because while I love him to pieces, he has kind of been a big wimp lately!


Saturday night while everyone else in America went to a family BBQ, the Tuletts went to The Kangaroo Zoo, or as Reid affectionately calls it: "The Jumpy Place". We spent a lot of energy AND we had the whole place to ourselves!
See that giant shirt Reid's wearing? He ran his very first race this last weekend at Sarah's sponsor store! He came in last, but he was the youngest one there, and more importantly he LOVED it! We are going to have to go on some runs together!
That night was the ever-popular "Stadium of Fire," but because we have kids and neither of us could even name a Carry Underwood song (she was the main act I guess...) we spread out a blanket in front of our townhouse and watched the fireworks from there instead.
This is our glorious VIEW! Can you find the fireworks in this picture? Look closely!
Monday morning I got up bright and early to do the Freedom Run 10K with Sarah, Jen and Heather. I have to admit, I was really not feeling it when I got up, but the race ended up being really fun! By the way, we took pictures of our feet because we all wore the same shoes! Jen and I decided to copy Heather and Sarah and get Triathlon shoes and boy do I LOVE them. They are a zillion times better then my mizunos. Also, can you tell who is who? Hint: Heather and I are PASTY white....ha.
Heather, Me, Jen, Sarah
Jen and Sarah were off in a flash with the fasties (pretty sure they both came in top 10), and Heather and I stayed together the whole race. We actually did really well considering it was a little hilly and we were both still TIRED from Saturday (we essentially did an entire Olympic triathlon that day).
We ran it in 47 minutes (just over a 7:30 min. mile average), and we got 41st and 42nd place out of 617 runners. I got 12th place in my age group out of 136.
And I was extremely TIRED! I didn't do anything Tuesday or Wednesday this whole week. Whew!

On my way home from the race I saw these lovelies up in the sky. You have to get up bright and early to see them take off!
As soon as I got home we changed quick and hi-tailed it to the parade. Reid of course LOVED the fire trucks and ambulances.
He also thought they were really NOISY!

We only stayed about an hour because, well, two little ones at a busy and hot parade is a recipe for disaster! It was fun while it lasted though!
After the boys' naps we decided to check out the Freedom Festival downtown. We walked, and this is Nate trying to navigate our gargantuan stroller through the crowds...
You thought we were done? Nope! We went over to our great friends the Wilson's for a kid friendly fireworks show later that night!
Dylan and Reid thought these fireworks were pretty loud too! They were so cute!

The sparklers were definitely a hit as well!
Well, sorry for the Loooooong post! We have another action-packed weekend coming up, so stay tuned for another installment of "The Tuletts are Really Good at Overbooking Themselves!"P.S. I hope we are all watching the World Cup final this week?! It's an historic match this year!
6 comments:
Love it. So much fun stuff all packed into one weekend. Wasn't it great? You and Heather did so well at the race! Way to go. It is funny that you are both in the picture. I am glad we could meet up before and after. That makes it os much more fun and I love the picture of all the Zoots.
Thanks for coming to Scofield with me! I loved it. This week I guess I am going alone and I am not half as excited. But we are all really looking forward to the race/camp out.
I guess Reid likes the Finisher Medal!
woman you make me tired just reading about it:) good for you. you look great. so awesome to take kids to jump on the 4th I am sure it was totally empty what a good idea they are getting so big, they are so cute and I love links smile:) glad Nate's cousin is better.
Wow y'all are busy! Looks like lots of fun!
Yes, I'm watching and am very hopeful that Spain takes the cup!!!!Ohhhh Reid and Link you ARE
my boys!
Cute post! Love the action packed week and glad you guys could hang out for a bit with us. Hope you don't mind I borrowed the pictures with Reid and Dylan doing fireworks. :)
YAHOO!
Post a Comment